Sunday, February 20, 2011

Monday was the first day to file Office 2007 for a place on the ballot

As local elections near, several city, county and school district seats are open for anyone aspiring to run.
Two city representatives -- Beto O'Rourke and Rachel Quintana -- will not be seeking another term.
Monday was the first day to file Office 2007 for a place on the ballot. Some incumbents on City Council have already filed.
Others interested in running have until March 14 to file for a ballot spot. Election day is May 14.
District 8 city Rep. Ann Morgan Lilly Office Professional 2007 filed on Monday. Lilly represents the West Side and is running against three other candidates so far.
"I am familiar with the district, and I'm very excited to run again," Lilly said. "I am very interested in protecting the arroyos and open space, and I want to Office 2010 continue with that."
District 6 Rep. Eddie Holguin has not filed yet but said he plans to run for re-election.
O'Rourke and Quintana will not run again for the City Council. On Jan. 8, Quintana said she would not run for the District 5 seat again.
Quintana, who represents East El office professional plus 2010 Paso, is accused of forging a former boss's signature to get free or reduced-price airline tickets in 2007. She was charged with misdemeanor forgery in October 2007, just four months after she took office.
Three candidates are in the running for her position, including Mayela Mejia, Office 2010 Pro former assistant to Lilly and Steve Ortega. Mejia said she is confident in her abilities to run for the District 5 position and wants to be back Windows 7 in City Hall
representing East El Paso "I've had a front-row seat to see what occurs at City Hall, and I do have the experience," Mejia said. "The main reason I'm running is because, just like a lot of other constituents, I have property here in El Paso and I don't want to see our taxes increase.
"I also want to increase the quality of life for our kids."
O'Rourke said he wants to step Windows 7 Home Premium aside because he believes his term is up. "I'm a big believer in term limits, and I'm trying to encourage others to consider running for the seat," he said. "It's not for lack of the love of the job. I've enjoyed it while I've been here, but it's someone else's turn."
O'Rourke said he's not sure what he will do next, but office 2010 he mentioned he may work full time at his business, Stanton Street Technology Group, and spend more time with his family.
In Socorro, a special election will be held to fill the vacant seat of City Council member Luis Varela, who was arrested on drug charges, and to decide the recall of indicted Mayor Guillermo "Willie" Gandara Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment